Jun 3, 2010

A Twitter view of the general meeting of the American Society for Microbiology - #asmgm

Word cloud for tweets containing the ASMGM hashtag
The above image is a word cloud generated from about 1200 tweets (that is, messages posted on the microblogging service Twitter). All these tweets are related to the general meeting of the American Society for Microbiology (ASM), which was recently held in San Diego, California (May 23-27).

Please wait for my next blog post, where I'm going to tell you about a few things that could be learnt about microbes by following the ASM meeting on the internet -- no matter your physical location on Earth (and beyond?). Also, I'm going to explain how I made the word cloud -- I'm pretty sure there must be a better and easier way to do this, so I would certainly appreciate your feedback on my next post.

Note: unfortunately, the tags in the cloud are not hyperlinked. The image was generated using Wordle.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
blog comments powered by Disqus

Creative Commons License Except where otherwise noted, blog posts by Cesar Sanchez in Twisted Bacteria are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License. Please let me know if any quotes or images on this blog are improperly credited. E-mail: TwistedBacteria AT gmail DOT com . Social media icons by Oliver Twardowski and AddThis.