The Fundación Lilly (Lilly Foundation, Spain) organizes a scientific symposium titled Environmental Changes, Microbial Systems and Infections, to be held at San Lorenzo de El Escorial, Madrid (Spain), 15-16 November 2007. Topics:
- Keynote Address, by Julian Davies: "Everything depends on everything else"
- Environmental changes and microbial evolutionary trajectories
- The impact of major environmental changes in the microbiosphere
- Diagnosing environment-related damages in microbial systems
- Science for intervention: surveillance and bioremediation of damaged microbial systems
- Multidrug resistance in tuberculosis, malaria and HIV
- Seminars on practical aspects related with prevention, diagnosis and treatment