Actinobacteria* are the stars in the May issue of Microbiology Today, the magazine of the Society for General Microbiology. This is a good opportunity to learn the basics and review hot topics in the field. Relevant articles:
- An introduction to the actinobacteria. By Sir David Hopwood.
- Streptomyces: not just antibiotics. By Rosemary Loria, Madhumita Joshi & Simon Moll.
- Good, bad, but beautiful: the weird and wonderful actinobacteria. By Paul A. Hoskisson.
- Corynebacteria: the good guys and the bad guys. By Michael Bott.
- The mycobacteria. By Matt Hutchings.
(*) My next post will deal with the use of the terms "actinobacteria" and "actinomycetes".